Friday, March 20, 2009

Back in Bayou Country, March 20, 2009

Thursday evening we arrived at Camp Journey's End in Ocean Springs, MS (actually we are in Gautier.) Today, we drove over to Moss Point and visited our former homeplace located just a few yards from the bayou. First, photos of the boarded up home, Mom's studio, my dad's workshop, the beautiful lawn and the dark waters of the bayou. (Remember, Katrina hit their home in full fury!).
Then we visited the place where I was reared, a block from the bayou home. Here's the huge live oak I climbed as a child, where I constructed a tree house and where I hid when I was in trouble.
Dad's store, which he sold when he retired, became a gym, but I found it closed. It's main street windows were ones I had to clean from time to time. Sad, huh?
Here's the Escatawpa River on which we fished and raced boats.
We visited our son Lance's grave in Griffin Cemetery.
Here's what Honey thought of the whole day!

No comments:

Post a Comment