Sunday, October 11, 2009

Excellent Sermon & Worship Experience Today

Worship at Covenant Presbyterian today was a very meaningfuyl experience. Helen and I attended the 10:45 service with a large crowd of worshipers. Phil Moran's sermon, entitled 'Jonah's Anger Problem', was right on re background, story telling and application. His most memorable lines, for me: "Jonah had hated (the Assyrians) so long he couldn't let the anger go. He didn't know how to live without his long held anger." For many of us, I included, long-held anger is a debilitating emotion. Phil reminded us that the cure for inappropriate anger is 'to give thanks'.

On being thankful: I am thankful tonight for Christ's love and mercy, for my wife who is God's gift to me, for my children and grandchildren, for my extended family, especially siblings, for my parents, for dear friends scattered east and west, for my upbringing in a Christian home, for teachers and mentors, for my health and for adequate resources to enjoy our retirement and our travels, and for much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment