Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In the Middle of a Field, and ...

He is 78 years of age. He lives in a Montana 5th wheel RV across the street from us at Ambassador RV Resort. We've never spoken, though we've waved hello many times durin the month of August that we've been parked at Ambassador RV Resort. Today, in late afternoon, he walked over and introduced himself to me. In the course of a two hour conversation, he told me of his conversion experience.

He was nine years old and plowing his father's many acres, preparing the field for a crop of corn. Nine, and plowing with a big John Deere tractor! In the middle of the field, for reasons he cannot now recall, he stopped the tractor, kneeled down between rows and gave his heart to Jesus. He said, "I asked Jesus to come into my heart and I gave Jesus my life."

Later he said, "Denominations don't matter to me. Jesus Christ is all that matters." Thanks be to God for what he did in Eddie's life. He's going through some tough times right now, so I ask for prayers for Eddie, my new friend.

AND, there is Don, a friend down our row in a 5th wheel who nursed his wife for seven years with Hodgens Disease, refusing to put her in a nursing home and cared for her 24/7 for those seven years. Now that she's gone, he is terribly lonely and fighting depression. So, I ask for prayers for Don, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment