Thursday, February 26, 2009

Some Musings, February 26, 2009

Prayers undergird our travels. Here is a prayer from Mexican hosts in New Mexico:

Wish I had a photo of the older man who walked passed me in a Walmart parking lot. He resemble my Dad so very much ... his gait, his cap, his demenor, his voice.

At our site here in Van Horne, TX, we have 'waxed leaf' shrubs, just like those I played with as a child, using the leaves as money in cowboys and indians play. First I've seen of this shrub since we sold our property in Cumming, GA. I planted the 'waxed leaf' along the entire back side of our home in Cumming. You can't see them very well, but here's a photo Helen took at our site in Van Horne.

"Rock of ages ... let me hide myself in thee...."

Traveling across New Mexico and its open spaces you begin to wonder who's trying to fool whom re a fence to keep out illegals! No way can we patrol the entire border. Maybe if we were to spend Iraq war money (billions!) on patrol personnel and wire, we might slow illegals down a bit, but keep them out...no way. And remember, the Democrats want them 'in' for their votes and the Republicans want them 'in' to supply the work force of their industrial supporters. And we think the politicians are serious about immigration? We all are so gullable!

Oh well, on to Alpine, Texas today.

No comments:

Post a Comment