Friday, January 30, 2009

Golf & Country Jam Session

Yesterday, with my friend Charlie from Montana, I played the best Arizona course I've played yet -- San Pedro GC. Great fairways, outstanding greens, well kept and well managed championship course. Shot 87 and glad to get it. 3 pars, 1 birdie, 12 bogies, 2 double bogies. Greens were like ice and few level putts. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ! A little 'local knowledge' would have helped, though.

Last evening, Helen and I went with friends from Canada to a country singing jam session. Seven guys and one woman who played an auto-harp. She was my favorite, singing songs like Loretta Lynn. A 93 year old guy played an electric guitar and he probably was the best musician in the group. Another guy sounded like 'the man in black'. They jammed for two hours and when we left they were still going. Quite an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment