Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Joy of our lives!

Sitting in southern Arizona for these weeks, enjoying various tourisee stuff, I’ve been thinking much about our grandchildren. Erica is 17 now, driving her own car, doing really well in school as she always has. Band, cheerleading, various clubs, scholarship student, etc. I remember our time together at an Eagles concert in north Atlanta. I’m so proud of her and not surprised at her continuing achievements. Aaron, 15, my special buddy, following his heart; band, drums, scouting, friends, baseball, etc. I miss spending time with him, remembering our walks down the hill to the creek behind our Cumming home, our several NASCAR races together, watching him play baseball (‘mighty mite!’ they called him), working on a project in my shop, etc. Emily and Molly – we were with them from August til January and truly enjoyed getting to know them better. Em, 14, cheerleading, snowboarding, ‘A’ student, taking her to youth group on Wednesday evenings, etc. Mo, 9, what a riot she is! Funny, sharp as a tack, pretty as her sister, great sense of humor, hassles her big sister and keep us straight! I don’t know my grandkids in Connecticut -- Oliver, Graham and Audrey. We babysat Oliver many nights when he was an infant. Hope to get to know them better someday. We keep “all” of them in our thoughts and prayers everyday and, especially when we open the refrigerator door at all times of the day and night, and see them all smiling at us from the photos on the door. They are the real joy of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment