Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sacajawea - Opening Up the Northwest Passage PLEASE READ "UNDAUNTED COURAGE" BY STEPHEN AMBROSE

As my friends who have talked to me recently will tell you, I am a huge fan of the Shoshone Indian woman Sacajawea who led the "white man" to the Northwest Passage. She did it carrying a babe in arms. Because she was carrying a baby, the others watching this entourage progressively moving into Indian territory assumed it was a friendly party. Who can deny passage for a woman with a babe in arms? I have spoken so consistently about Sacajawea that my "friends" are now calling me by that name. I will quickly assure you that I am not anywhere near the caliber of lady that she was. WALKING OVER THESE MOUNTAINS and maintaining a family at the same time, GET OVER IT - that is NOT me! I am doing well with a poweful diesel truck pulling my home away from home. It is equipped with heat and air, gas stove, lights, TV and fireplace. Also, cell phone and computer! I am really "roughing" it.

By now, all of you reading this will realize that this is Helen writing and not Larry. We have been having a wonderful time with old friends and new on the Lewis and Clark trail. Many of the past days, Larry and I have been out of range of TV, cell phone or computer OR all three. Because of this separation from the NEWS of the world, it has been quite peaceful. However, now we are back "in the know" with TV. Still having problems with cell phone reception and the wifi comes and goes.
I am taking advantage of a small window of wifi this morning to write this blog.

When you are isolated from the news of the world and all you have to take in is the absolute beauty around you, your thoughts turn more and more to God. I have to say that my prayer life has greatly improved and I spend many days thinking about the "other very busy world" and praying for all of those I know and love. I also spend many moments thanking God for my present life style that put us on the Lewis and Clark trail. I thank God for introducing us to Idaho thru my daughter and her girls.

However, two days ago, the TV came alive again with all of the wonderful news of the world. Because we had not had the news for awhile, it has sounded louder and more depressing than ever. What a mess!!! How did we get in such a mess! What in the world are our children going to do trying to live in and thru this mess!

I have never been the political member of this team. Larry has always lead the way, but I am so concerned and so fed up with the mess in our government that I have made up my mind that I have to do something to help clean up the mess! Most Moms and Grandmoms are great mess cleaner uppers!

I have been talking and talking to God about what am I suppose to be doing for Him right now at this time in my life. I think I have arrived at the answer! America is very sick and needs nursing back to health. It is very needy and needs some TLC.
America needs some strong Moms and Grandmoms to lead the way. We have to keep fighting the fight for our children and their children. We have make sure that our children know what the Consitution of our Founding Fathers says. We have to make sure that our children know what the Bible says. We have to show the children how to stand tall with the Constitution in one hand and the Bible in the other hand.

I am not sure where this is all leading me but I AM TIRED OF THE MESS! There is no clarity of speech about what is RIGHT and what is WRONG anywhere! Someone who still knows the difference between RIGHT AND WRONG FROM GOD'S WORD must speak out and share this with the children before it is lost forever.

This is all that I plan to say about this right now. I still have a lot of questions to ask God and prayers to be said for answers. All I ask right now is that you talk to God and pray for answers with me. Let us at least seek to find answers for our children's future. Pray that God raises up a leader to show the way. Sacajawea was not afraid to plunge ahead into unknown territory with babe in arms and look for solutions to finding the trail. Let us strike out with her and follow her search for a NEW passage for America. Is there a new contemporary "Sacajawea" to follow? We are running out of time and we must pray!

Helen on the trail of Sacajawea

No comments:

Post a Comment