Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Texas Molly II Gets a New "Horse" next Monday

We have been pulling "Molly II" with an '07 two door Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L diesel. It's been a great truck, but two problems arise with a two door -- can't haul grandkids with no back seat ... and things in the truck bed get wet in the rain. So, yesterday I drove to Blackfoot, ID to check on an ad I had seen for an '09 Dodge Ram 2500. While there I got a call from a friend in Pocatello, ID who suggested I call the Dodge dealer in Salmon, ID where he bought his truck. I did so. When the dealer where I was made an offer I got a call from the Salmon dealer who made me an offer I could not refuse...a new, never-been-driven '08 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 6.7L four door Big Horn edition (with lots of extras) and offered it to me with a $18K discount! I accepted his offer, told the dealer in front of whom I was sitting that he had been outbid, thanked him, and left.

We go to North Fork, ID this Saturday to spend three weeks with Floyd and Rubye Box, friends we met at North Fork a year ago. On Monday of next week, I will drive to Salmon (15 miles from North Fork) to sign papers for the new Ram and bring it to North Fork. Now Molly II will have a new 'horse' to pull her. Here's a pic of the new Ram (can't wait to see and get it):

1 comment: