Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Another New Neighbor

I met Lee yesterday when I was enjoying the hot tub and he strolled up. Lee is 56, from state of Washington. At 22 years of age he suffered a brain aneurysm which severely disabled him for life. Now 34 years later he is managing to exist with some help from his brother who comes to him and his RV and drives him to his next RV park. Lee is able to walk, but very slowly and with help from his large and unique cane. He was never married and says, "I can't develop a relationship with a woman because of my disability. I can't remember much since my two brain surgeries. And from day to day I forget a lot of things. No woman wants to put up with my problems. I just go on day after day the best I can. My biggest problem is finding someone to have extended converstions with. It gets pretty lonely being alone all the time, except when my brother comes to take me and my rig to another park." He asked if he could come over this afternoon and visit for a little while. I said, "Of course." Hope he shows up.

Lee's life puts your/my life in proper perspective. Enjoy your ability to get around without help. It could 'go' anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment